Disability Income Insurance
All features, provisions and riders may not be available in all states and may be subject to state variations. This application is valid for disability income insurance Policy HH750 underwritten by Principal Life Insurance Company, Des Moines, Iowa, 50392. Availability of this product, and its benefits and premiums as presented, is subject to the approval of Principal Life Insurance Company. Final medical and financial underwriting requirements and cost will depend on your application. All benefits, premiums, conditions, exclusions and limitations are governed by the actual contract as provided by Principal Life Insurance Company and not this presentation.
Exclusions and Limitations
The policy does not pay benefits for injury or sickness which in whole or in part is caused by, contributed by, or which results from:
- Intentional, self-inflicted injury; or
- Your commission of or your attempt to commit a criminal act, or your involvement in an illegal occupation or activity; or
- The suspension, revocation or surrender of your professional or occupational license or certification; or
- Active military service during a military action or conflict; or
- Loss we have excluded by name or specific description in any attached rider or endorsement.
- No benefits are payable for any period of your continuous disability in which you are incarcerated in a penal or correctional institution for a period of 30 consecutive days or longer.
- A sickness resulting from pregnancy will be covered if the elimination period is equal to or greater than 90 days.
- Benefits will be limited to 12 months during your continuous disability unless you reside in the United States or Canada for at least six consecutive months in each calendar year.
There may be other exclusions or limitations in the policy in addition to those stated in this guide. Any additional exclusions or limitations (if any) will be described in riders or endorsements attached to the policy.